Gratitude is such a powerful emotion, one that can make your life better in so many ways. It’s quite difficult to feel depressed or sorry for yourself when you are feeling gratitude.
The 12 Most Effective Ways To Practise Gratitude
Make gratitude a part of family life, share it with each other during meal time. Practise the gratitude at the same time to make it a habit. Be the change you want to see in the world by making gratitude a part of each day. If we all practice gratitude more regularly, the world will be a better place.
- Keep a gratitude journal and add to it every day.
- Write a card to someone you haven’t seen in a while and tell them something nice.
- Make a gratitude collage, cut out pictures of all the things that you are grateful for.
- Thank the people who serve you in the community. The shopkeeper, the bus drivers, etc.
- Tell someone you love them and how much you appreciate them.
Remember to compliment your friends and family when they look good
- Say thank you for the little things loved ones do for you, things you normally take for granted.
- Call your grandparents and tell them you love them.
- Help your friends see the positive side of life.
- Help an
elderyperson with doing shopping and cleaning the house.
- Help your parents with
painting oftheir house.
- Help your sister or brother with paperwork.
- Tell your co-worker that he or she has a lovely shirt or blouse.
- Tell your boss how well he manages the team.
- Compliment your mom’s dinner.
- Compliment your boyfriend’s car.
- Appreciate the sunrise and sunset and expect it with anxiety every time.
- Appreciate the blue sky and the times when you can see it is reflected by the lake, the sea, the river or any other kind of water
- appreciate your house, car, computer and all the means which you have to make your dreams true.
6. Act of Kindness
- Include an act of kindness in your life each day.
- Volunteer for organizations that help others.
- Reward effort, if someone does something nice for you, do something nice for them.
- Call into an elderly neighbour and thank them for their presence in your life.
- Send love to your enemies or people you dislike.
7. Nurture Your Relationships
- Nurture the friendships you have, good friends don’t come along every day.
- Spend quality time with your kids
- Call your mom more often.
- Try to take note when people do a good job and give recognition when it’s due at work.
8. Be Inspired
- Watch inspiring videos that will remind you of the good in the world.
- Notice the beauty in nature each day.
- Learn something from your friend or co-worker.
- Learn something from your child.
- Post quotes and images that remind you to be grateful around your house.
- Share your financial resources with the poor with those who do need your help.
- Share the benefits of gratitude with family and friends.
- Share gratitude each day by posting a tweet, Facebook post or Pinterest.
10. Radiate With Positivity
- Smile more often.
- When times are bad, focus on your friends who are by your side.
- Dance and sing.
- Speak only the loving language.
11. Invest the Energy of Gratitude
- Embrace challenges and turn them into opportunities to grow.
- Be thankful when you learn something new.
- See the growth opportunity in your mistakes.
- Focus on your strength.
- Meditate with your gratitude list, giving thanks for all your good fortune.
- Live mindfully, not worrying about the past or future.
In a Nutshell
Summing up, you can be more uplifted by practising gratitude in many ways every day. Just small deeds are
- 7 Ways How To Reconnect With Your Inner Child
- 4 Secrets To Know Before Reconnecting With Inner Child
- How Healthy Is Your Inner Child? Test Yourself
- Meet Your Inner Child
- 6 Reasons Why To Stop Judging People