I can often hear a question: “Why is my life the same all the time? Why am I still stuck in this relationship?” Today I will tell you what is one key reason why you are unhappy.
“In this life, we have to make many choices. Some are very important choices. Some are not. Many of our choices are between good and evil. The choices we make, however, determine to a large extent our happiness or our unhappiness, because we have to live with the consequences of our choices. ” – James E. Faust
The issue is severe. I assume you want to be a happy person, enjoying the fulfillment of your life. The question is: What you are doing to be happy?. I have already written that your thoughts, your focus, have a significant impact on your happiness. But there is one more thing:
How Do You Spend Your Day?
Be harsh here and make a small balance. Answer these questions in writing. I can assure you, after doing this exercise you might burst into tears because you will discover the brutal truth:
- What do you do after getting up?
- When do you get up?
- What do you eat?
- How are you treated by your partner, spouse?
- What do you do to boost your self-esteem?
- How do you like your boss, how do you feel at work?
- What does your house look like – are you happy with the standard of cleanliness?
- How do you prepare your meals?
- Who are your friends?
- What books, magazines, do you read?
These are just sample questions, giving you an outline what your life is today. Add your own questions to make this balance sheet even more accurate. The main question I could ask you here is:
How Happy Are You Doing All these Things?
If your answer is that you are miserable, time has come to change something in your life. If you follow the same routine every day, you will not change anything. To implement changes, you have to do something differently.
Take each thing you do during the day – getting up, dressing, cooking, etc. Mark how happy you are doing these activities. If you are unhappy, time has come for a radical change in your life. But don’t worry. Start with baby steps.
How to Change Life
Start from one thing. I will ask you another set of questions, this time to help you to make changes in your daily routine:
- What would make you happy about cooking?
- Who will you stop meeting to feel more confident?
- What can you change in your relationship to feel better?
- What will you stop doing in order to be happier?
- How could you invest in your happiness (time, different activities than now, new positive people, etc.)
- Who could boost your mood, empower you?
- What one thing could you introduce to your life to be happier?
- How will you reward yourself for the effort made to become happier?
Having answered all these questions, think of one, tiny thing you could introduce into your routine right now.
And Last But not Least…
I would like to hear from you so please, be so kind and leave a comment under this post. What do you do to become a happy person? Thank you and have a nice day.